- Our experienced, board-certified radiologists are skilled at performing image guided procedures for both the diagnosis and state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive treatment of a diverse array of medical conditions.
- The board-certified radiology team at Mountainside performs peripheral angioplasty to open blockages of vessels that carry blood to the legs and lower body.
- When exploration of conditions linked to the lower back and spine is necessary, subspecialists in neuroradiology are available to perform lumbar puncture myelography.
- Our capabilities include CT and ultrasound biopsies to determine the presence or extent of cancer. In the event of a cancer finding, our radiologists immediately confer with a multidisciplinary team at Mountainside’s highly regarded Cancer Center to provide expert insights into the most effective treatment options.
- We also perform procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of women’s health conditions including uterine artery embolization.
About Intervention Radiology
Interventional radiology encompasses various minimally invasive surgical procedures that are performed with the guidance of imaging technology. Some of these procedures are done for purely diagnostic purposes. However, others are actually treatment options that afford patients reduced risk of complications, less pain and shorter recovery times when compared to other treatment alternatives for the same medical concerns. Interventional procedures usually involve the use of needles, small tubes called catheters
or other tiny instruments. Radiology images provide a “road map” that allows a radiologist to guide the small instrument through the body to the area of study or treatment. Most interventional radiology procedures can be safely performed on an outpatient basis.