World-class family physicians providing high-quality care
One of the premier family practice residency programs in New Jersey, HackensackUMC Mountainside Family Practice provides complete and compassionate state-of-the-art primary care for residents throughout the Montclair area and surrounding communities.
Our experienced physicians, nurses, technicians and staff members focus on providing timely and comprehensive care for children and adults. With physicians who are board-certified in family medicine, we offer skill and experience in preventive healthcare and the treatment of both acute and chronic health conditions.
We offer convenient hours - weekdays, evenings and Saturdays - and same-day appointments for urgent medical needs.
Our belief in a collaborative relationship between a patient and physician ensures that all aspects of your care, including referrals to specialists, will be carried out smoothly and efficiently, so you receive the best possible treatment. We also provide access to specialized services such as behavioral healthcare, acute rehabilitation, skilled nursing, home care, hospice care, ambulatory surgery, and fitness and wellness services.
HackensackUMC Mountainside Family Practice Associates is recognized as a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). This distinguished certification indicates that our office is a Patient Centered Medical Home, and that we are a health care setting that facilitates partnerships between individual patients, their personal physicians, and when appropriate, the patient’s family. We deliver care when and where patients need and want it in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
You can count on us for:
- Infant and child care: From newborn through grade school, we provide services including physicals, labs, immunizations, sick visits and guidance for parents.
- Adolescent medicine: We provide care to teens through college-bound young adults, focusing on physicals, sick visits, sports physicals/injuries, gynecology, mental health, and contraceptive counseling.
- Pediatric services: We have a designated pediatric attending physician for all your pediatric needs, including referral to specialists.
- Obstetrics/women’s health: We have dedicated faculty and staff who specialize in women’s health. Services provided include annual gynecological/ well woman exams, pap smear, sexually transmitted illness testing, along with offering office procedures including colposcopy and endometrial biopsy.
- Prenatal Care: Offering comprehensive prenatal services and education; group prenatal care available for patients and their partners conducted by their healthcare provider in order to learn together and from each other.
for eligibility requirements.
- Preventative health maintenance: We will work with you to develop a medically conscious lifestyle for a healthier tomorrow.
- Executive health: We work with employers and unions to provide timely and accurate corporate health evaluations and documentation. Executive health programs are directed by certified medical review officers.
- Minor surgical procedures: We provide minor surgical services in dermatology, gynecology, trauma, and sports medicine.
- Sports medicine: We provide care for all of your sports/ musculoskeletal needs. We are active in our community, providing on-field coverage for West Essex school district, Immaculate Conception and Glen Ridge High School. Our physicians are IMPACT (http://www.impacttest.com) trained for concussion and post-concussive care. We provide care for all sports including football, soccer, hockey, cheerleading, as well as for the weekend warrior.
- Geriatric assessments: At the office or at your home, we provide the necessary primary care during your golden years.