Addressing the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of patients and families
The experienced Palliative Care Team at HackensackUMC Mountainside supports patients and their families in the relief of symptoms while comprehensively addressing their physical, psychological and spiritual needs.
Focusing on the relief of symptoms rather than cure of disease, our compassionate, patient-centered approach provides comfort and support to individuals and their families facing life-limiting illnesses. A specially trained team of nurses, pastoral care specialists and social workers provide:
- Help to relieve suffering with specialized pain management consultants.
- Complete psychological and spiritual care to patients and families.
- Advanced care options and procedures.
- Advice on how to cope with financial issues.
Can palliative care help me?
As a patient at HackensackUMC Mountainside, you may seek palliative care if you have an incurable illness or:
- Want to talk with someone about quality of life for the last stages of life.
- Need more help managing your illness?
- Want to make decisions about care before you get too sick.
- Want to feel as good as possible and remain independent for as long as possible.