In addition to the benefits listed on the Program Benefits page, HackensackUMC Mountainside Family Practice offers the following:
- Academically challenging yet supportive environment
- Culturally diverse community close to NYC and the Jersey shore
- Strong community involvement
- $1500 in CME
- Practice Management Training
- Career Guidance and Job Placement Help
Some of our highlights include:
- A cohesive, dedicated faculty with decades of experience training physicians in Family Medicine.
- Emphasis on training for the way medicine will be in the future, including interdisciplinary training, practice management and proactive primary care.
- Level 3 NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home Certifications and active involvement of residents with ongoing PCMH initiatives. Strong curriculum in Behavioral Health that is fully integrated into the residents' daily experience
- Obstetrics experience that is well-rounded and busy and a strong women's health curriculum.
- A diverse patient population, diverse residents and faculty.
- Recent alliance with Hackensack University Medical Center, which is ranked as one of the top 4 hospitals in the NYC Metro area and the #1 hospital in New Jersey.
- A strong track record of graduating leaders in Family Medicine. Many of our graduates have completed Fellowships, become faculty, Program Directors and state and national leaders in the field.
Our hospital is located in Montclair, NJ and our family health center is located in Verona, NJ, about 3 miles from the hospital. Montclair's slogan is "Where the Suburbs meets the city!" Montclair is located about 12 miles (19 km) away from New York City and many parts of the town provide excellent views of the NYC skyline. The population is about 38,000, but despite its relatively small size, Montclair has many art venues, theaters and award-winning restaurants. The Montclair art Museum is located in the heart of the town. A wide range of films are shown in town, from Hollywood to Indies. In 2011, Montclair hosted the Montclair Health Festival, which was extremely successful, drawing well known filmmakers to disuses their art and films. There are also several live theaters in the community for plays, musicals, concerts and other events. The school system is excellent. The town is somewhat unique in its attractiveness to both single and young families. Most of our graduates choose to stay in the Northern New Jersey area, reflecting the quality of life they find here.
Visit our Residents.