Our sleep studies involve placing small, unobtrusive sensors on the body to monitor a number of critical functions while you sleep. The Center itself is equipped with four private bedrooms specifically designed for promoting a comfortable sleep experience and a high-quality sleep examination. Test results are evaluated by the Center’s sleep team and then a course of action, which may include surgery, is tailored to each patient’s condition and lifestyle.
Diagnosing and treating a wide range of sleep disorders
The Center offers help with insomnia, snoring, sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, narcolepsy and others, as well as complex breathing disorders. While the most common sleep disorders like sleep apnea are generally found in middle-aged, or overweight men, they can strike anyone, including women and children –at any age. To accommodate a wide range of conditions, each person’s test is evaluated and treated by a multidisciplinary team of physicians that includes:
- Psychiatrists who specialize in sleep problems
Some of the surgeries we perform for sleep disorders:
- Genioglossal advancement or suspension (tongue surgery)
- Hyoid myotomy (surgery on a small bone in the upper neck just above the Adam’s apple)
- Nasal surgery to improve continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) results
- Pillar implants (mesh implants in the soft palate)
- Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP)
To learn more, call 973-429-6858 or 973-429-6126.