To schedule a mammography, please call the Central Scheduling office: (973) 873-7787 or (877) 523-7787
All major insurance plans are accepted.
Convenient, Stress-Free Access... Comprehensive,
State of the Art Care
HackensackUMC Mountainside's recently enhanced and expanded Breast Health Program provides the finest quality care in a pleasant, convenient setting that affords every patient personalized attention and support.
Comprehensive prevention, diagnostic and treatment services are provided by a multidisciplinary team of skilled physicians and staff from the Women's Health, Multi-Specialty and Cancer Centers, conveniently grouped together on the first and second floors of the Harries Pavilion.
Talented Physician Specialists & Staff
Our team includes:
- Doctors board-certified in diagnostic radiology and fellowship trained in women's imaging
- Doctors experienced in administering painless, non-invasive genetic tests and counseling patients at risk
- Board-certified medical, surgical and radiation oncology physicians including some with credentials in the subspecialty of breast surgery oncology
- Board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeons to work with patients who choose breast reconstruction
- Nurses and technicians who have completed specialized training and certifications in mammography, oncology services and other relevant disciplines
Dr. Jan Huston
Dr. Madelyn Danoff
Dr. Kalavathy Balakumar
Dr. Marianne Centanni
Important facts about breast health...
- More than 50% of women will experience breast lumps.
- While every lump requires medical investigation, more than 80% are diagnosed as benign and noncancerous.
- About one in eight women will be impacted by breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Annual mammograms are recommended for women over 40 since most breast cancer cases often occur at that age.
Early intervention makes a difference...
- Sophisticated diagnostic tools can detect asymptomatic breast cancer in its earliest stages.
- The survival rate for patients with early stage breast cancer exceeds 90%.
State-of-the-art Diagnostic Tools
- Digital mammography, ultrasound and breast MRI
- Large-field mammography to better screen women with large or dense breasts
- The most current, minimally invasive, image-guided alternatives to surgical biopsies when needed including stereotactic, ultrasound-guided and MRI-guided biopsies
- Genetic testing and counseling for those who may be at risk due to family history
A Nationally Recognized Standard of Cancer Care
Whenever there is a breast cancer diagnosis, our Cancer Center provides an exceptional standard of care rarely found within a community hospital. Our goal is to offer you services that are convenient and accessible while setting an unmatched standard of excellence:
- We are accredted by the American College of Radiologists; the Federal Drug Administration's Mammography Quality Standards Act for Mammography Services; the American College of Surgens for the Cancer Center; and the College of American Pathologists for laboratory services.
- The HackensackUMC Mountainside Cancer Center is accredited with commendation by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer, a designatation awarded to only about one-fourth of all hospitals that provide cancer care nationwide.
- A multidisciplinary team of specialists collaboratively evaluate every case referred to the Cancer Center and established the best possible treatment plan.
- A specially trained nurse, known as a Patient Navigator is assigned to work with every patient and their loved ones, from diagnosis through the completion of treatment, to minimize stress and ensure that all needs are met.
- Access to emerging treatments and clinical trials is provided, when appropriate, via a special partnership with the Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
Advanced Surgical Techniques
Our surgical team is skilled at performing the most effective procedures for the treatment of benign and malignant breast conditions, including:
- Lumpectomy and other breast conservation therapies
- Advanced onco-plastic procedures and nipple sparing mastectomies
- Immediate reconstructive plastic surgery following mastectomy
- Innovative microvascular reconstructive surgery options
For further information call (973) 429-6120