To schedule a mammography, please call the Central Scheduling office: (973) 873-7787 or (877) 523-7787
All major insurance plans are accepted
- HackensackUMC Mountainside is accredited in mammography by the American College of Radiology.
- Same day appointments available
- Off hour appointments available
- Speak directly to a Radiologist to review films
- Our capabilities include:
- Large-field mammography to more effectively screen women with large or dense breasts
- Digital mammography with computer-aided diagnosis
- Digital mammography stereotactic breast procedures that are minimally-invasive alternatives to surgical biopsies
- We also offer breast ultrasound and MRI procedures.
- Ultrasound and Dexa films available same day
- Offer Dexascan juxtaposed with mammogram
- HackensackUMC Mountainside is the only center in the community that performs board-certified MRI assessments.
- As a full-service hospital, we have immediate access to the complete continuum of comprehensive care whenever the treatment of breast cancer or other diseases of the breast is indicated.
- Our resources include the HackensackUMC Mountainside Cancer Center which is accredited with commendation by the American College of Surgeons.
Mammography uses low-dose x-ray technology to detect the presence of breast tumors and distinguish between cancerous and non-cancerous growths. It is commonly recognized as an essential early intervention and diagnostic tool for women. However, it is also used for men with certain symptoms. Annual mammograms are recommended for all women over the age of 40 for breast cancer prevention and early intervention.