A family centered approach
We offer personalized, individualized care in a comforting, state-of-the-art environment – safe and soothing for the entire family. Our maternal fetal medicine/perinatology professionals work cohesively with our specially trained certified nurses, board-certified physicians and pediatricians, and internationally recognized board-certified lactation consultants.
Our in-house teams offer 24/7 coverage, including obstetricians, neonatologists and anesthesiologists. You can be assured that your care will be provided by a team of doctors, nurses and support staff dedicated to ensuring a comfortable and private environment.
- Our Labor and Delivery Unit includes comfortable, private labor/delivery/recovery suites for laboring patients - and antepartum assessment for testing and evaluation.
- Our Mother Baby Unit offers private and semi-private rooms. Fathers are encouraged to stay if a private room is available, to promote the family bonding experience. Family centered patient care is our highest priority.
- The Nursery and Special Care Nursery are dedicated to the care of newborns 32 weeks and older with NICU services provided by Onsite Neonatal Partners.
- Maternal fetal medicine specialists are available.
- Hours are 8AM to 8PM.
- All visitors must be over 12 years of age.
- Siblings of the newborn infant may visit during the same period and may be any age.
Birth, Your Way
Click here to download your guide to making a personalized Birth Plan at HackensackUMC Mountainside.