|For patient calls/patient information and Main Lobby
|Main phone number
Please note that all visitors should enter the main (Bay Avenue) entrance and obtain an appropriate visitor’s pass.
Visiting Hours Schedule
Medical and surgical areas:
Hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for:
- 2C (Telemetry Unit)
- 4th Floor Nursing Units (East and West)
- 5th Floor Nursing Units (East and West)
- 6th Floor Transitional Care Unit and 6 West
Hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for all visitors including new babies and siblings regardless of age. All other visitors must be over age 12.
- Fathers are welcome at all times in Labor and Delivery.
- Fathers obtain a wristband after the baby is born.
- If a patient is in a private room, fathers/wristband bearers may stay overnight.
If the patient is in a semi-private room, overnight stays of fathers/wristband bearers are NOT permitted. Semi-private room hours are 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
CICU (Cardiac Intensive Care Unit), MICU (Medical Intensive Care Unit), SICU (Surgical Intensive Care Unit)
Hours are 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All visitors must check in at the nurse’s station prior to entering the patient’s room.
Immediate family only, please, though alternate accommodations can be made by request. For the well being of our patients, please note that balloons and flowers are not permitted in the ICU area. Children under 12 may not visit.
Patients have the right to choose who may visit them during their hospital. No more than 2 visitors at a time. Visitors must adhere to ICU staff requests if asked to leave and must wait in the ICU family waiting room.
After 8PM, authorized visitors can enter HackensackUMC Mountainside only at the First Floor ED Hospital entrance. Those visitors will be directed by the ED receptionist to the Red Security Phone in the entrance corridor. Visitors with authorization will receive clearance from Security Desk officer and be granted access to designated areas
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
All visitors must be over age 12.