Current Concepts in Oncology for Primary Care Physicians, 2017 Update
This CME conference, offered by the Cancer Center at HackensackUMC Mountainside, is designed for physicians and Allied Health professionals involved in cancer care. Participants will develop insight and skills to achieve the very best cancer care result for patients.
After attending this conference, successful participants will be able to:
• Provide appropriate work-up and management of cutaneous neoplasms
• Describe the detection and management of hereditary malignancies especially gynecologic malignancies
• Evaluate evidence based screenings and surgical management for breast cancer
• Describe immunotherapies leading toward a potential cure for some cancers
• Learn what type of patients require referral to an oncologic specialist
• Discuss surgical advances in the management of lung cancer
• Describe a neurosurgical approach to the management of primary and metastatic Brain Tumors
• Identify interventional radiologic and radiotherapy technologies and treatments
• Discuss current concepts in the management of prostate cancer
The conference targets Family Practice, Internal Medicine, OB/GYNs and Allied Health Professionals.
The American College of Surgeons designates this live activity for a
maximum of 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim
only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
HackensackUMC Mountainside Physicians Affiliated and Allied Health Professionals: $20
Hackensack Meridian Health Network Affiliated Physicians and Health Professionals: $20
8:00 am - Welcome Breakfast and Opening Remarks
John A. Conti, M.D., F.A.C.P.
8:15-8:40 am Interventional Radiology Update: Minimally Invasive Liver Cancer Treatment Options
Fred Berlin, M.D.
8:40-9:05 am When Cancer Runs in the Family
Aliza Sara Zidell, M.S., L.C.G.C.
9:05-9:30 am Evidence Based Screening and Surgical Management of Breast Cancer
Jan Huston, M.D.
9:30-9:55 am Hereditary Gynecological Cancers
Merieme Klobocista, M.D.
9:55-10:10 am 15 minute break
10:10-10:35 am Work-up & Management of Cutaneous Neoplasms - When to Worry, When to Refer
Ross IS Zbar, M.D., F.A.C.S.
10:35-11:00 am Advances in Surgical Management of Colorectal Cancer
Brian Matier, M.D.
11:00 -11:25 am Lung Cancer Update 2017
Steven Herman, M.D., F.A.C.S.
11:25-11:50 am Using The Immune System to Cure Cancer
Andrew Pecora, M.D., F.A.C.P., C.P.E.
11:50-12:05 pm 15 minute break
12:05-12:30 pm Emerging Technologies and Indications for Radiotherapy
Miriam Knoll, M.D.
12:30-12:55 pm Management of Prostate Cancer: A Paradigm Shift
Michael Stifleman, M.D.
12:55-1:20 pm Update on Brain tumors: Overview of Primary and Metastatic Disease
Adam Lipson, M.D., F.A.A.N.S.
1:20-1:45 pm Lunch